Thursday

The public folder couldn’t be found because there is no exchange 2010 public folder server.

After several fits with getting the public folders to work with Exchange 2010 in OWA I have finally solved this one. I was getting MSExchange ADAccess Events 2161 and 2157 in the event viewer. I had never seen the detail of these errors. After setting the event logging level for Validation to Expert I found more detailed information. Attribute: WindowsEmailAddress: Error message: Could not convert property WindowsEmailAddress to type SmtpAddress. Error while converting string *email address* to result type Microsoft.Exchange.Data.SmtpAddress: *email address* is not a valid SMTP address.

I was able to use ADSI Edit and navigated  to Configuration - CN=Configuration, DC=domain, DC=co, CN=Services, CN=Microsoft Exchange, CN=exchange name, CN=Administrative Groups, CN=First Administrative Group, CN=Servers, CN=Server, CN=First Administrative Group, CN=Problematic attribute container.

I went into the properties of this and found mail attribute was the problem. I changed this and and the errors were resolved. Public folders were immediately accessible from OWA 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment